STAY COOL: 3 PRODUCTS YOU SHOULD TRY THIS SUMMER
Temperature regulation is a common frustration for many sleepers—especially in the summertime. Today, we're recommending three sleep products that will help keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
1. CARBONCOOL® PILLOW
The most advanced pillow cooling technology available, Omniphase® phase change material provides continual temperature regulation with ventilation for superior airflow. Phase change molecules capture and release heat as needed to maintain the optimum sleep temperature throughout the night. To further the cooling properties, activated carbon infused in the foam creates a pathway to filter heat away from the head, face, and neck.
The unique shoulder cutout is designed specifically for side sleepers to align the head and neck, and the supportive memory foam relieves pressure points. Lastly, a Tencel™ cover creates a soft, smooth surface that helps control humidity while allowing maximum exposure to the Omniphase® coating.
2. TENCEL™ SHEET SET
- Made from eco-friendly, renewable botanical fiber in a closed-loop system
- Superior moisture management properties aid in cooler sleeping temperature
- Unparalleled soft touch with a lustrous sateen weave
3. OPEN WEAVE COTTON SHAWL
On the outskirts of Zambia’s capital, a small group of women turn locally grown cotton into exquisite pieces of hand-woven textiles. This scarf features a light and airy open weave that transitions seamlessly between seasons and occasions. Each measures a generous 28 x 72 inches with a delicate tasseled fringe.
Material: 100% Cotton
Country: Ethically crafted by women in Zambia and supports small-scale cotton farmers.
5 TIPS FOR SLEEPING COOL
1. Close your blinds during the day. Sunlight is a natural heating source for your home, which can sometimes create an uncomfortable sleep environment. To keep the heat at bay, remember to close your blinds during the day.
2. Avoid exercising right before bed. Your body temperature can rise any time you exercise. So, when you exercise at night, your body doesn’t have enough time to cool down before you climb into bed.
3. Avoid eating right before bed. Eating a large meal before bedtime can cause your body temperature to increase. For a better sleep experience, consider eating earlier in the day or selecting a lighter meal.
4. Choose a light comforter. Now that winter is over, you can switch out your heavy comforter with a lighter option. This can help you sleep cooler and keep your body from overheating. If you’re looking for a new comforter, visit hyggecave.com
5. Stay hydrated. When you’re dehydrated, the inside of your mouth and nose may become dry. This can lead to severe snoring and hoarseness the next day. By drinking plenty of fluids, you can achieve a better night’s sleep.
Being too warm can lead to a long night of tossing and turning. That’s why the temperature of your sleep environment is key to getting a good night’s rest. By investing in sleep products that keep you cool, you can wake up refreshed for the day ahead of you.