BEST HYGGE CAVE PRODUCTS FOR A COLLEGE DORM ROOM
Back-to-school season has arrived. Whether you’re an incoming freshman looking for new bedding, or a parent shopping for their college student, we have all the essentials you need to start the school year right. Check out these four Hygge Cave products for better sleep as well as five tips on how to make a dorm room feel more at home.
HOW TO SET UP A COLLEGE DORM ROOM
TIPS FROM THE HYGGE CAVE INTERIOR DESIGN TEAM
Once you have all your bedding essentials, the next step is to put everything together from your bed to your furniture to your decorations. Generally, dorm rooms come in small packages, which means it’s important to know your limitations so you’re better prepared on move-in day. As you start making plans for your new adventure, consider these five tips to make your dorm room feel more comfortable.
- Start with your bed. Before you start putting up decorations, decide where you want to situate your bed. Keep in mind that your bed should be the focal point of the room and should pull everything else together. As a standard guideline, we recommend placing your bed in a corner so the head of the bed rests against a wall. This will help you save space and give you more room for other furniture (and plenty of decorations).
- Pick a color scheme. As you create a bedroom layout, you might find yourself torn between two or three different color palettes. To make the decision a little easier, choose colors that make you happy and reflect your personality. You can also build a color scheme by picking out key colors from your bedding, and incorporating those same colors through accent pieces (e.g., pillows, rugs, throws, decorations) to create a cohesive look and feel. Helpful tip: Lighter colors make a room feel bigger and airier.
- Use multi-purpose furniture. Because college dorms don’t have a lot of extra room, it’s essential to stay organized and utilize storage space. Using multi-purpose furniture is the perfect solution to creating more storage while maximizing the space in your room. For example, you might consider investing in a nightstand desk, a storage ottoman, or a folding table and chairs. Bed risers and platform bases are also smart ways to create additional storage space.
- Add interesting décor. When it comes to decorating a dorm room, the most important thing to remember is to make the space yours. This is where you can show off your personality and make the room feel more like home. If you’re not sure where to start, consider incorporating greenery to add color and dimension, applying removable wallpaper to add interest and texture, and using a lamp to bring in extra light and warmth.
- Evaluate the space. After you’re done with the finishing touches, take a step back and review the space. Is your room open and inviting, or is it crowded and overwhelming? Should you add or remove decorations? What about storage and organization? Asking yourself these few questions will help you create the perfect dorm room space. Remember, don’t be afraid to experiment with the layout, incorporate new colors, and try different décor. In the end, your room should fulfill your personal needs and be a place where you want to spend your time.
REVERSIBLE BED IN A BAG
- All-in-one bedding essentials kit
- Box-stitched, down-alternative comforter features dual reversible colors
- Ultra-soft microfiber sheets are wrinkle and stain-resistant; includes flat sheet, fitted sheet, and pillowcases
- Down-alternative pillows offer the luxurious feel of down without odors, allergens, or sharp quills
Leave a comment